Code of Practice
- To promote and provide, best and legal practice in the guardianship and hosting of all international students at schools/colleges, particularly those under 18 years of age.
- To respect and support the rights, religion and customs of the international student.
- To uphold the stated ethos and values of the school at all times.
- To comply with the 1989 & 2004 Children Act and meet the requirements of the Department for Education Working Together to Safeguard Children March 2015 and Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2016.
- To ensure all international students have 24 hour emergency contact with a responsible adult in the UK.
- To put in place arrangements which maintain appropriate contact with the international student, the overseas parent and guardianship family and to ensure all appropriate records are up to date.
- To provide both pastoral and educational support as outlined in any literature and agreements.
- To adhere to the AEGIS grievance procedures.
- To have appropriate insurance for guardianship arrangements and to comply with UK legislation.
- To ensure that the AEGIS annual membership fee is paid in a timely manner, by the end of the first academic term.
- To respect the business practices of others and uphold strong business ethics.
- Member Guardianship Organisations to be prepared to undergo re-inspection every four years.
MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA - GUARDIANSHIP ORGANISATIONS JOIN
MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA - SCHOOLS JOIN