Yesterday we held a webinar with British Council China for Chinese parents, to explain the safety measures being put in place by UK schools and educational guardians in order to support returning children.
We were joined by the following guests who discussed various topics including arrival, quarantine, safety procedures and duty of care:
- Ailie Fan, Managing Director, Study Links
- Sunny Field, Owner & Managing Director, Overseas Personal Development Services (OPDS) – providing Mandarin Interpretation
- Matthew Jamieson, Director of Operations, Sherborne School
- Eve Jardine-Young, Principal, Cheltenham Ladies’ College
- Wu Xinping, Education Officer, British Council Beijing
- Adam Lubbock, Chair of Trustees, AEGIS (Host)
We thank our panellists and all those who joined us. Some technical issues were encountered but a recording of the webinar can be found here:
The best-laid plans of mice and men / Go oft awry. But as one panellist pointed out – it demonstrates that our sector clearly has determination to find a solution!
Robert Burns springs to mind:
We were heartened that all the parents watched until the very end and hope that the messages conveyed show how ready schools and guardians are to welcome back international students to the UK.