<p class=”pad-bot20″><a href=”http://academicfamilies.com/index.php/en/”><strong style=”color: #005499; font-size: 1em;”>Academic Families </strong></a><span class=”orange” style=”font-size: 1em;”>supports our students at boarding schools throughout the UK.</span>
We are rightly proud of <a class=”blue” href=”http://academicfamilies.com/index.php/en/guardianship/our-services.html”>our guardianship services</a> </strong>which ensure your child has all the support they require. In consultation with you, we will tailor a suitable programme depending on the level of service you choose.
<p class=”blue”>A home away from home
Provide a caring family home when your child is not at school with our screened selection of loving host families.
<span class=”blue”>Care and attention</span>
• Keep in regular contact with your child when they are at school.<br />• Assist with shopping for essentials such as a school uniform, mobile, laptop, etc.<br />• Help in medical emergencies.
<p class=”blue”>Help to adjust, fit in and succeed
• Help your child settle into school academically and culturally.<br />• Attend their Parent-Teacher meeting, report back to you, and follow up on any issues required.<br />• Assistance finding an academic tutor for your child.<br />• Support your child at special school events such as plays or sports matches. We will cheer them on and share in their achievements!<br />• Organise a gift for your child. We are especially good at organising birthday cakes, flowers, helium balloons, and other personal gifts and little surprises.<br />• Look after your child’s best interests while at school and lend a helping hand where needed.
<span class=”blue”>Help with logistics and travel</span>
• Arrange airport greetings and transfers to/from your child’s school.<br />• Help you when you visit your child in the UK.
<br /><span class=”blue”>Making the most of their time in the UK</span>
• Advice and support if your child is taking English Language courses prior to attending their chosen school or during term breaks.<br />• Arrange courses and work placements as required.
<p class=”orange”>What to do when…?</strong>
<p class=”blue”>During School Breaks
• Let us know what your preference is and we can accommodate your wishes.
<p class=”blue”>In a crisis
• We’ve worked in international education for many years now and we’ve seen it all. Despite meticulous planning, things can suddenly take a turn for the worse or catch you by surprise. We’ve resolved all kinds of issues from expired passports to medical emergencies. Whatever the situation is, we’re there in a flash.<br />• We also offer emergency guardianship coverage for extra protection to guarantee our support and assistance.
<a href=”http://academicfamilies.com/index.php/en/contact.html”><span class=”blue”>Contact us</span></a> </strong>to learn more about how to protect your child 24/7.
<p class=”blue”>After graduation from boarding school
• Most of our host families maintain their strong relationships with their children when they leave school and go on to university – like the best families, we become friends for life.<br />• Some children are hoping to advance to university in the UK. We can also offer support and advice here, too.
<a href=”http://academicfamilies.com/index.php/en/contact.html”><span class=”blue”>Contact us</span></a> </strong>today to discuss how we can support your child attending your chosen British boarding school.