We are delighted to offer a FREE webinar for school staff and guardians which will look at the way schools and guardians work together to safeguarding international students. As the leading experts in the guardianship sector, AEGIS has a wealth of experience to share with you, supporting both schools and guardians.
Thursday 7th May 2020 at 10.00
What will the webinar cover?
Yasemin Wigglesworth, Executive Officer AEGIS, will oversee the interactive webinar which will include:
Setting the scene
- A brief overview of the guardianship sector – role of guardian and statistics
- Current legislation and regulation of the guardianship sector
- Schools’ responsibilities with regard to guardianship, including the importance of a clear guardianship policy
- Guardians who do not fulfil their role, putting schools in difficult situations
- Lack of compulsory vetting of guardians and homestays
- Coronavirus pandemic – the difficulties presented for schools and guardians
We encourage any questions you may have. Here’s some food for thought:
- What has worked well for the school and guardian relationship?
- What more could be done to support schools with their international students?
- What more could be done to support guardians?
We’d love to hear from you!
Please contact Yasemin firstname.lastname@example.org to register your place and we will send you the meeting code to join the webinar.